Bold+Beyond is a growing consulting and digital agency in search of an experienced Front-End Engineer. We’re looking for someone interested in working with talented team members, exciting clients, and developing digital products.
We are thrived to provide some of the most influential brands in the world from Fortune 500 companies to some of the world’s fastest-growing startups (like HUM Nutrition, Privé Revaux, SureSale, Agnetix, and Clay AIR).
We’re looking for someone that shares our values, wants to be a part of something that is growing, and loves bringing award-winning user experiences to life for customers. We want to design and build beautiful, technically sound websites. We’re looking for new teammates that are positive, love supporting their colleagues, and want to have the opportunity to spread their wings when the opportunity presents itself.
Location: Los Angeles | Remote Options
Hours: Full-Time or Contractor
Start Date: Immediate
- The Full-Stack Developer is responsible for website and web applications development supporting business objectives while sharing a point of view in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- Figure out architectures for complex digital products matching our clients objectives and needs assisted by our Digital Product Director.
- Perform hands-on coding targeting server and client.
- Work with popular deployment and DevOps platforms.
- Serve as liaison to internal business, products, design, and other engineering areas.
- Develop, test, and maintain website and web applications used on a variety of devices from mobile to desktop.
- Lead the technical delivery of application features targeting server-side and client-side platforms.
- Deliver clean, DRY, well-tested code, and meet project deadlines.
- Engage in code reviews with colleagues to review, analyze, improve, and instruct coding skills
- Build performant and user-friendly interfaces for inputting and manipulating the content on the client’s side.
- Build smooth and blazing-fast user experiences on the web.
- Use third-party APIs and services to provide extended features.
- Develop internal APIs and tools.
- Work with product, design, other engineering teams, and QA on defining and implementing new insights
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to others.
- Write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance and other issues.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends and web technologies.
- Research new technologies as they come, discovering their potential and adoption for our projects.
- 5+ years crafting web experiences, with 2+ experience in building web applications.
- Mastery of web related technologies and building tools.
- Mastery of designing solutions; simple, clear, and flexible without being over-designed
- A deep care for quality; from user experiences to variables and functions naming
- Experience building one or more apps, over a multi-year period, where you were one of the main developers
- Great awareness of on Object-Oriented Programing, Functional Programing, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Well organized, attentive to details, and communicates well.
- PHP and PHP based frameworks like Laravel
- WordPress, developing themes and plugins
- NodeJS and NodeJS frameworks, Express, Koa, Socket.IO, etc
- Templating frameworks, Pug, Laravel Blade, etc
- MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- DigitalOcean, Heroku, Vercel, Netlify
- AWS technologies, Cloudfront
- Strapi, Contentful, Headless CMS
- Version tool Git and Platforms Github, Gitlab
- HTML, CSS/Sass, JS/Babel/Typescript, and building tools Gulp, Webpack, Rollup, Vite, etc